The MacLamity

The News That Stays News, Reported Live

Thursday, October 21, 2004

.

Just AS TROTSKY DOESN'T APPEAR IN STALIN'S GREATEST HITS
Robbie Williams on 'Freedom': Never heard of it, mate
Bono on 'A Celebration': I can't actually remember the tune.
Stipe on 'Shiny Happy People': I don't like it, and I don't ever want to hear it or see it again
Billy Joel on 'Just the Way You Are': I hate that song. My mind wanders whenever we do it. I start it: `Don't go changing... nah, nah, nah, nah... and I forget the words. So I look to the drummer to tell me the words, because he always sings along. And he goes: 'She got the house, the dog, the car.' I actually sang that one night. The audience were not happy. It's safer not to play it

Big hits stalk their creators like the monster stalked Dr. Frankenstein.